How to travel to Laos from Switzerland?
Swiss citizens must print the Laos eVisa Approval Letter. Travelers must bring a valid Swiss passport as well as a printed eVisa Approval Letter.
Swiss citizens should do the following when they arrive at the Laotian border:
- Go to the eVisa lane in the immigration area.
- Show border authorities your Swiss passport and e-Visa.
- Receive final permission to enter Laos
There are a few ways to travel to Laos from Switzerland. Here are some of the most popular options:
- By plane: Because there are no direct flights from Switzerland to Laos, you must take a connecting trip. Bangkok, Hanoi, and Kuala Lumpur are all major connecting airports. The flight from Switzerland to Laos takes about 10-12 hours.
- By bus: There are no direct buses between Switzerland and Laos. However, you can travel by bus to Bangkok, Thailand, and then take a connecting bus to Laos.
- By car: Driving to Laos from Switzerland is possible, but it is a lengthy and difficult voyage. Switzerland and Laos are almost 5,000 kilometers apart, and the journey would take at least 5 days.
Once you arrive in Laos, you can travel around the country by plane, train, bus, or car.