Can I get a visa at Luang Prabang Airport?
Yes, you can get a visa on arrival at Luang Prabang International Airport. The visa on arrival is available for citizens of most countries, including Myanmar.
To apply for a visa on arrival, you will need to bring the following documents:
- A valid passport with a validity period of at least six months beyond your expected stay in Laos.
- A recent passport photograph.
- An application form for a visa.
- Proof of future travel.
The visa-on-arrival process is often short and straightforward. You should anticipate waiting around 30 minutes for your visa to be processed.
You will be allowed to enter Laos and begin your trip after you have obtained your visa.
Here are some more hints for obtaining a visa on arrival at Luang Prabang International Airport:
- Arrive early at the airport, especially if traveling during the high season. You don't want to miss your flight since the visa-on-arrival counters are often crowded.
- Prepare all of your documentation. This will expedite the procedure and reduce the likelihood of being turned down.
- Expect to pay with cash. The cost of a visa on arrival is not accepted in all currencies.
- Be courteous and patient. The visa-on-arrival counters might be crowded, but the personnel is typically kind and helpful.