Do Australian citizens need a visa for Laos
Yes, Australian citizens need a visa to enter Laos. The Government of Laos has chosen Australia as one of the suitable nations to assist the flow of visitors from across the world to Laos.
There are three alternatives for obtaining the proper travel authorization to travel from Australia to Laos.
- Before departing, obtain an online Laos visa from Australia.
- Apply for a visa at a Laos consulate in Australia.
- Stand in line for the Laos visa on arrival
The Laos eVisa saves time over other Laos visa choices and is frequently favored because it does not involve travel to a foreign mission or long queues on arrival.
Laos eVisa for Australian citizens allows you to enter from the following points:
- Luang Prabang-LPQ-Luang Prabang-Luang Prabang
- Pakse - PKZ- Champasak- Champasak
- Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane) (from Thailand)
- Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet ) ( from Thailand)
- Thai-Lao Frienship Bridge IV (Bokeo Province) (from Thailand)
- Boten International Checkpoint (Luang Namtha Province) (from China)
- Boten Railway Station (Luang Namtha Province) (from China)