Do I need a visa to enter Laos from Thailand?
Yes. Thai citizens are exempt from Laos visa requirements for stays up to 30 days from the arrival date, as Thailand is included in the exemption list. However, if a Thai citizen intends to stay in Laos for more than 30 days, a visa is required.
Thai travelers who wish to obtain a visa for Laos should make sure that they meet Laos visa requirements for Thai citizens. There are some supporting documents Thai citizens should prepare before applying for a Laos tourist eVisa:
- Passport - it must be valid and valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Laos. You must scan the information page of your passport
- The passport must have at least 2 blank pages
- Digital passport photo - The photo must be more than three months old
- Travel itinerary
- An email address - After being issued by the Government, the e visa will be sent to this email address in PDF format.
- Proof of accommodation - a hotel booking confirmation is adequate, but if you want to stay with relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from them is required.
- Proof of legal residence – You do not need this unless you want to apply from a nation other than your own.
For further information on obtaining a Laos visa, Thai citizens can visit the Laos embassy in Thailand. Thai travelers can also seek immediate assistance with the Laos e visa by contacting Global Visa Services.